Catch Up Week – Social Media

This post is part of the #EdublogsClub – a group of educators and edtech enthusiasts that blog around a common theme each week.

This is a catch up week for #EdublogsClub so I thought I would go back to a topic from a week I missed.  Social media is a giant topic, but I wanted to thank a new member of my professional learning network, Jeff Zoul @Jeff_Zoul for coming to our book club meeting to help us wrap up our reading of What Connected Educators Do Differently.  This is a great read and a great book group read as there is a lot to discuss.  It gives you great steps to take so you don’t feel overwhelmed by having to take on the entire social media world at once.  This is one of my favorite parts of the book and I am hoping to carry it into other professional development.  At the end of each chapter it suggest that you Follow 5 (follow 5 people on Twitter and they give you suggestions) Find 5 (find great resources and they give you suggestions here as well) and Take 5 action steps (and you guessed it, they offer ideas).  I think this is a great way to enter into PD sessions where you are already thinking about meeting new people, learning about their ideas and taking steps to try them out.

2 thoughts on “Catch Up Week – Social Media

1. wow nice u r back on the blogging train and all ur blogs look totally fabulous and I hope u get heaps of comments and follower u r amazing and I hope u go well in the rest of your blogging life thanks 🙂